Friday, August 31, 2012

Light of the World

Prayer by Lucille del Mundo
Catechist
Diocese of Parañaque

Thre is a saying, "what is in a name?"  You are what your name is.  The name makes the person.

Almighty Father, I give you praise and thanks for the gift of life and faith and calling me in my baptismal name - Lucille del Mundo which mean "light of the world."  What a beautiful name!  But, I have to live it. "Maging ilaw sa mundo . . . maghasik ng ilaw sa mundo."  

Through your many graces Lord, I try to live it up to my name.  You are the lamp of my feet and a light to my path.  I follow the ways of your teaching in every opportune time and place, and give hope, guidance, care and help to those who are lost or weary.  So, I pray to you again and again, let your spirit's presence and power overflow again, as I do God's righteous purpose on me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment